Services & Prices
THEODORE b. TRAVERS FAMILY VETERINARY CLINIC:
|Standard Office Visits
|Microchipping (by appointment)
Click to view location and hours, or to make an appointment.
As of March 4, 2014 all walk-in vaccinations will be available only at our Oakland Spay/Neuter Center located at 410 Hegenberger Road on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 10 am - 2 pm.
Spay/Neuter* SERVICES AND PRICING:
|Feral Cat Spay/Neuter (click for qualifications)
|Dog Neutering (up to 65 pounds)
|Dog Neutering (66 pounds and over)
|Dog Spaying (up to 65 pounds)
|Dog Spaying (66 pounds and over)
If your dog is a Chihuahua or Chihuahua Mix, you may qualify for our DISCOUNTED Chi Fix 2014 Program. (click for qualifications)
If your dog is a Pit Bull or Pit Bull Mix, you may qualify for our FREE East Bay Pit Fix Program. (click for qualifications)
*Please note that all spay/neuter surgeries include initial pain medication. There may be additional charges related to, but not limited to, pregnancy, obesity, brachycephalic (short-nosed or flat faced), animals noted to be in “heat” or noted as a cryptorchid. These additional charges are based on each animal’s needs and will be assessed at the time of examination. All prescriptions must be approved by the veterinarian and an examination must be current within the last year. Please note that there is a minimum medication charge of $11.50.
*Qualifying for Low Income Spay/Neuter Services & Prices:
You must qualify before services are rendered. If you bring in your qualifying papers after surgery, you will be subject to our regular pricing. It is mandatory that you notify staff of low-income status before making your appointment.
The East Bay SPCA Spay/Neuter Centers offer reduced pricing to residents of Alameda and Contra Costa counties who can demonstrate financial need or hardship. To qualify, you must be an individual on some documented form of government assistance:
- General Assistance/Relief
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
- Food Stamps
- Social Security
You will be required to provide proof of your government assistance as well as proof of residency in Alameda or Contra Costa county upon check in. Please notify the staff member who is scheduling your appointment so they can review the documentation requirements with you.
About Spay/Neuter fees:
- Spay fees may be higher for any animal determined to be pregnant.
- Extra fees are applied for additional services and medications required by surgery and/or authorized by customer.
- All animals receive injectable pain medication during surgery; this is included in the routine procedure fee. Cats receive injectable pain medication during surgery, and dogs receive a 3-day supply of medication. This is included in the routine procedure fee.
- Vaccinations and microchips are available at our Spay & Neuter Surgery Centers. See above prices.
- Nail trims will be provided free of charge on all spay/neuter surgeries, upon request.