BECOME A VOlunteer
Volunteerism is integral to the East Bay SPCA and our commitment to the welfare of animals and their human companions. We could not provide such great care and varied enrichment to the animals in our shelter without the time, effort and expertise of each volunteer. We recognize the valuable role of volunteers and we are committed to providing thorough, hands-on training and ongoing support to every volunteer.
In return, we ask that each volunteer commits to a two-hour weekly shift and is able work with us for at least six months. Hopefully, longer! We have morning and afternoon shifts available seven days a week from about 8 am to 6 pm. If you know in advance that it will be difficult to fulfill this commitment, please consider helping us in other ways and/or becoming a foster parent.
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER
- Adults aged 18 and older may volunteer with us independently.
- Volunteers aged 16-17 may volunteer independently but must submit a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- Children aged 10-15 may volunteer with a trained guardian. More information here.
HOW TO BECOME VOLUNTEER - Application process has changed!
1. Attend a one-hour Meet & Greet Session.
2. After attending a Meet & Greet Session, you will be invited to submit a Volunteer Application. Acceptance is based on your interests and availability as well as our current needs.
3. If your availability and interests match our current needs, you will complete a New Volunteer Orientation. Then you’ll be ready to start volunteering!
JUST ADDED! 2016 "SUMMER BREAK" VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
This three month program is open to new volunteers ages 16-21 to volunteer at our Oakland Adoption Center. Each volunteer will be asked to commit to two morning shifts per week over the summer months of June, July and August.
For more information on this program, or if you are interested in signing up, please email email@example.com by May 13th.
We look forward to having you join our fantastic team. In addition to a little cat or dog hair on your clothes, you will go home with the knowledge that your efforts truly made a difference in the lives of homeless animals in your community. If you have any further questions, please contact the Volunteer Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.